Togo’s outstanding public debt securities exceeded CFA1,000 billion at the end of September 2018

Economic governance
Thursday, 13 December 2018 17:43
Togo’s outstanding public debt securities exceeded CFA1,000 billion at the end of September 2018

(Togo First) - The amount remaining to be paid by Togo as public debt securities issued via the regional financial market of the West African Monetary Union (WAMU) has, for the first time, exceeded 1,000 billion CFA. Indeed, BCEAO indicates, the figure stood at 1,039.7 billion at the end of September 2018.

According to the Apex bank, the volume of outstanding public debt securities, which is included in the country’s internal debt, is up 7% compared to end-September 2017. Then, the figure stood at CFA968.3 billion.

Of the outstanding amount, 90% are bonds while remaining 10% are treasury bills. In detail, the bonds soared 20% over the period under review, standing at 936.8 billion, whereas bills tumbled 46% down to 102.9 billion.

Across the Union, overall outstanding public debt securities was estimated at 9,724.5 billion CFA at the end of September 2018, against 8,925.2 billion the year before.

Côtre d’Ivoire is, in the Union, the greatest issuer with an outstanding State debt securities of 3,295.1 billion. Right after it comes Benin, with an outstanding debt of 1,437.2 billion.

 
Sondage
Should we encourage young togolese toward agriculture?
  • 57 Votes
    Yes
    55.88%
  • 25 Votes
    No
    24.51%
  • 20 Votes
    Don't have opinion
    19.61%
← Back
Total 102 Votes

To contact us: c o n t a c t [@] t o g o f i r s t . c o m

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.