Kekeli Efficient Power thermal plant to be commissioned next Friday

Thursday, 22 April 2021 02:59
Kekeli Efficient Power thermal plant to be commissioned next Friday

(Togo First) - On Friday, April 23, the Kekeli Efficient Power thermal plant located in the port area will be commissioned. Marc Alberola, Top Manager at Eranove - the concessionaire of the infrastructure- made the announcement. 

The lighting of the first flame will begin the industrial operationalization phase under which the first output of 47MW (open cycle) will be produced” by a Siemens SGT-800 gas turbine. 

Under the next phase of the commissioning, an SST-200 steam turbine with a capacity of 18 MW will be launched. The project, developed under a public-private partnership, is one of the major projects planned under the 2018-2022 national development plan (PND). 

In detail, the thermal plant is mainly (75%) owned by Kekeli Efficient Power, a subsidiary of the Eranove group. The remaining stake (25%) is owned by the Togolese State, via Kifema Capital, an investment vehicle whose shareholding includes Togo Invest, the CNSS, the INAM, and the CCIT.

Yearly, the Kekeli Efficient Power thermal plant will generate 532GWh, supplying energy to over 250,000 Togolese homes, thus more than 1.5 million people. 

The related concession, it should be reminded, spans 25 years. It was signed by the State and Eranove in October 2018. Financial closing for the project was completed on July 10, 2020, with Oragroup and the BOAD co-arranging the process. 

Séna Akoda

To contact us: c o n t a c t [@] t o g o f i r s t . c o m

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.